Friday, June 24, 2005

Expectations

I might think that I can figure everything out and decide where this is all leading. But the subway is still a surprising place.

I headed to Pape Station this morning because I had a couple of free hours. Until I decide once and for all whether or not to re-audition, I have to keep doing my research.

To my surprise, the people at Pape today seemed particularly friendly. (Well, the Gateway Newstand man wasn't, but perhaps he was missing Phil.)

Within ten minutes, two people came along and asked me for my card. (The first one approached me before I had even played a note.) They were music and media people who might like to work with me, above ground.

In an hour and a half, I earned $17.89.

Today that seemed pretty good to me, probably because I went in with low expectations.

No comments: