Monday, October 03, 2005

Too Busy Writing to Blog

Sorry I haven't written for awhile.

I've been too busy writing.

It all started when I began to write a blog entry last week, and I realized, hey, this is turning into a publishable essay. So I stopped blogging, checked the submission requirements for this particular project, and tailored my piece accordingly. It turned out pretty well and I sent it in, but I haven't heard back from the editors yet.

At the same time, a new professional writing client landed on my doorstep, with lots of work to be done, and quick. It's both challenging and energizing to be writing on demand again and I look forward to getting paid. It's also enjoyable to be writing about something other than myself.

Of course, the old familiar identity issues are resurfacing. What am I, anyway? An artist? Writer? Singer? Advertising copywriter? Oh yeah, and what about that subway musician enterprise (cue hysterical fit of giggling)? What about that?! When I'm not wearing too many hats, I'm apparently up-turning them for loose change. Does this fit together into any kind of sensible picture?

I do hope so. Speaking of pictures, a photographer is coming to take mine at Pape Station on Thursday, so I have a date to keep. In the meantime, let's hope my new client doesn't ride the subway to work.

No comments: