Thursday, October 23, 2008

One Song

This weekend I'm heading to a music conference, where I'm very fortunate to be singing one of my songs in an official showcase setting.

The song is called "Bicycle Bell".

As things have turned out, it's likely to be the only song I sing at the conference...a place where singer-songwriters often try to perform as many songs as many times as possible, so that the highest possible number of professional opportunities might arise.

Playing this one song, once...will it be enough?

It will be, as long as I know that we only ever have "one song". One life, one breath and one moment. Right now.

The idea that one performance must lead to another, and another, and another...it takes us away from truly inhabiting the one song we have.

May I be happy to be singing one song now.

No comments: