Sunday, December 26, 2004

Boxing Day

The day after Christmas, I visited four stations without playing before setting up shop at Pape. First I went to Spadina, but it was extraordinarily quiet, and I thought if I were out today I might as well go where people actually are.

I tried Bay Station--a cellist was there. Yonge & Bloor? South American pan flutes. Broadview was a possibility, but today the Gateway Newstand and the Lottario booth were closed, making it seem particularly bleak. So, back to Pape I went.

Unfortunately, although it wasn't technically as cold as it had been on previous days, it was windy and damp, and for the first time--even with my fingerless gloves--I found that it was truly too cold to play. One woman pointed that out, quite kindly, as she passed by, and I had to agree with her. I played five songs and collected $8.50.

I reluctantly packed up my things, knowing that it would be the last time I'd be playing for a few days.

+++

No comments: