Monday, February 07, 2005

More Skin

Immediately after writing that last entry, I decided to listen to some music.

I put on Woody Russell's sampler CD. He's an outstanding singer-songwriter from Austin, Texas. I met him at the Winterfolk music festival this weekend and he encouraged me to come down to Texas sometime to play. (I've been meaning to for awhile, because I was born there.)

Without consciously thinking about it, I picked up his CD...and I laughed, then cried, when the second song came on.

It's called The Skin I'm In . (Check it out!)

It goes: "This is the skin I'm in...and in the skin I'm in I've got to live...cause I have made my bed and I will sleep in it, with no regrets."

+++

While eating lunch, I decided to read the paper.

On the inside front cover of the Globe and Mail, a headline (about the Super Bowl, pigskin!) proclaimed "It's all about celebrity".

+++

Oddly enough, today I had no desire whatsoever to be a subway busker.


1 comment:

Anita Daher said...

Hi Lynn,
I think every now and then we need a little emotional/creative recharge time. Sometimes it is a small thing that triggers it, sometimes large.

I'm taking a little break myself right now. Felt a need to stop communicating (blogging etc.) and just be quiet for a while. Time to refill the well.

Your music is beautiful, and you are reaching people on a personal level. You will continue to do that whether people are hearing you on the subway, in Texas, or on the radio.

Best,
Anita
p.s. I'll be back blogging soon, I promise!