Thursday, November 24, 2005

Six Songs, Minus Six

I really wanted to go sing in the subways today. I wanted to go display my new CD "Broadview" and see if anyone would notice that it has the same name as a subway station.

Nope.

But they did notice me doggedly playing, as the sub-zero wind whistled through Osgoode Station and I sang "It'll Grow On You". Subway busking would always be fun if it took place in comfortable temperatures, when people aren't hurrying by with mystified expressions. I think that's called a concert hall, but never mind.

Yet, it was fun, in its own frosty way. It's cool (ha) to know that I can actually play and sing while freezing.

I lasted six songs at Osgoode. When I nodded at the TTC ticket-takers, who shivered behind the glass, the woman in the parka applauded. I laughed and said, "thanks, but it's way too cold!" and she let me through the turnstiles without paying another fare.

No comments: