Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Jukebox in Your Head

Want to try an experiment?

Take a moment to notice if a song is going through your head.

(I have a theory that songwriters have a perpetual jukebox in their brain, all the time. But maybe everybody does! Is this true? Let me know!)

So...pause...and check which song is playing now. It might be one of your own, or it might be somebody else's.

Your brain is constantly on "shuffle". But I don't think it's random.

You see, the song that was playing in my head just now was Cyndi Lauper's "True Colours". Coincidentally (not!), it offers specific insight on how I need to approach a current challenge.

Earlier in the day, another "random" song in my head related directly to another task. I was mailing promo packages...and the song was one of mine called "Safe Arrival".

[Hmmm...I just realized something. Now those songs might be playing in your head...or at least Cyndi's because you're more likely to know it. If I re-programmed your jukebox just now, wait a little while until it naturally resets.]

Now, take a moment to notice the song playing in your head...and see if it's what you need to hear.

No comments: