Thursday, May 19, 2005

To Jane or Not To Jane

(My House/Value Village - 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. - Minus $18)

Today turned out to be surprisingly unstructured, which meant I had no excuse not to go to the presumably quiet Jane Station.

I didn't make it.

Sometimes, on days like this, I find it so hard to decide what to do next, I don't end up doing anything. The indecisiveness turns into guilt, fatigue and lack of confidence. (Fortunately, I don't have self-destructive habits...but today I did go to Value Village for some cheap "retail therapy".)

This morning, because I planned to go to Jane after lunch, I decided to run through a couple of songs I hadn't played in awhile. Trying to sing, but only half-heartedly, I found my voice tightening up and getting sore...so much so that I convinced myself I must be catching a cold.

Losing my voice was a pretty good reason not to go to Jane Station.

And not going to Jane Station was probably the reason I lost my voice.

No comments: